Location: Lake Claire Apartments
So today I realized that sometimes I over-complicate things. About a week and a half ago, I no longer was able to connect to any wireless network. I couldn't find one in my apartment or in the MAP building. This was quite unnerving. I had to keep connected by ethernet cord always... and even when I tried one of the ports in the Math Cafe in the MAP building I still could not get online. In hindsight, that port is a bad port. Well, at the suggestion of a colleague I walked over to the PC Service desk behind the MAP building. Before I noticed their pricing, the front desk guy was already taking a look at my PC. He spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out what was wrong and eventually called someone else over. While he was meddling for the 20 minutes, I noticed their pricing... the lowest was $49.95 and that was just for a diagnostic ("no work," it stated.) I bit my lower lip. I didn't want to have to pay that much. When the second guy came over he fixed it in under a minute. What was the solution? Simply that I had disconnected myself from all wireless networks by the touch of a button. I had by mere chance struck the button by accident, probably in the dark while watching CSI or Star Trek with John. Yes, it was that simple, and lucky for me I wasn't charged. It was a great laugh to share.
I tried to get my UCF student ID today and the bureaucracy of UCF still hasn't gotten me in the system. I figure I'll just wait it out for a few more days. It's already been over 2 weeks. How much longer could it take? After that episode, Dr. Tamasan and I talked about what I should present next Monday to the other REU students. He even wrote down what I should talk about, though not in great detail. The man can't do everything for me! I worked some more in the Math Cafe before going back the apartment. Maria Boak asked me to go do cardio with her at the gym so I worked out for about an hour and then came home to eat and shower. The downer of the day was that I tried to give blood today and was once again denied because I was one point below the required iron level. It was disappointing, but it has been a busy day, and now I am ready to watch Star Trek with the one I love.
1 comment:
turning off the wireless card is something that has happened to me before on my laptop. It happens either because you hit the wrong button or you have taken the battery out, etc. I want to exercise. I think I am going to do kung fu.
Post a Comment