Thursday, June 25, 2009

UCF: Day 38

Location: Lake Claire Apartments

I received my new watch today. The other one died in the ocean when John and I went to Cocoa Beach. My old watch was supposedly water resistant for up to 50 meters, but apparently not.

I worked harder today than I have any other day before, and I had a lot of results show me what I needed to see. I have a list to work on tomorrow to wrap up our work with using a polynomial as a model of the refraction of sound waves within the earth. I hope Johan comes in early tomorrow so we can get started.

The one day I didn't take my lunch to the Math Cafe I got rained on. Around high time for storms to come through at UCF (which hadn't occurred in the past week or so), I decided to take my lunch break and walked over to the student union. About half way there it started to come down... so I ran underneath a tree next to another student. She complained horribly about the rain, and I just mentioned that I should have ran all the way since it started to come down even harder. Eventually it slacked a little, and I ran the rest of the way. I ate lunch at the student union, hoping it would be over by the time I finished, but I had too much faith. I waited a few minutes until it died down again, and then I ran the entire way back to the MAP building. I was soaked. I ran through a huge puddle on my way back, and the rain had made a mysterious stain on my brand new shorts multiply. I was a mess. I immediately took off my socks and shoes after what happened the last time my feet were soaked (trenchfoot) and I shivered in the AC until I was almost dry. My socks never fully dried before I left, but I wore them back to my apartment and then took them off again.

I am still upset about my shorts.

No comments: