Monday, June 8, 2009

UCF: Day 21

Location: Lake Claire Apartments

Well, I nearly felt like an idiot today when 4 of 6 presenters showed up with power point presentations... while I was 1 of the 2 with a chalkboard presentation. Yes, it is old school, but seriously for what I needed to demonstrate, power point wouldn't help much. I was the last to present, and while I waited for my turn, my palms sweated profusely. I was constantly airing them out or wiping them on my shorts. I was so nervous that I couldn't even finish my lunch just prior. However, I survived Costas' 3rd degree, and even funnier, when I met Dr. Tamasan afterward I told him that I survived the 3rd degree, and he asked what I meant by that. I guess being a non-native he is not up to par with our slang. It was interesting to explain such an expression.

After Johan and I met with Dr. Tamasan, I reworked the new strategy we have for very small values of s, and I spent the rest of the evening typing the work into LaTeX. I literally just finished. Dr. Tamasan gave me new paper to write the equations on, but I don't think he was expecting me to type it in LaTeX. I hope he is surprised when I show it to him tomorrow. It is so fun learning to use LaTeX!

No comments: