Friday, June 12, 2009

UCF: Day 25

Location: Lake Claire Apartments

It's Friday, and we had one of our bi-weekly meetings today. Dr. Tovbis talked about applying the Abel transform to the non-linear schrodinger equation. It was deep, deep math, but at the same time, it was very intriguing. Tomorrow the group is going to a museum. I wasn't going to go because we have to pay ourselves... but today Costas said that we would be reimbursed for the money we spend at the museums. He would tack on another $30 to cover the museum fees... and $30 more for those who drive. I thought that was nice, but I don't have a car so...

I didn't do much other than that today. I was feeling a little down earlier and I didn't feel like being around anyone, but I felt a little better after I finished my laundry. It must have been the smell of hot clothes from the dryer. I have clean sheets. Ah! After laundry, I went out with 5 other REU students to go see Land of the Lost, and it was freaking hilarious! I haven't laughed that hard a comedy movie in a long time, and it was most definitely worth it!

No comments: