Wednesday, June 10, 2009

UCF: Day 23

Location: Lake Claire Apartments

Today has been a pleasant day. I struggled a little with expanding functions into a series and I acquired a little assistance from Johan and Dr. Tamasan. Dr. Tamasan invited me to have coffee at the Barnes & Noble/Bookstore today. It was nice to meet outside of his office. Sometimes it gets a little cramped in there with all 3 of us, but today it was just him and me.

I worked the afternoon away in the Math Cafe working through expanding functions and multiplying them to the point to which I had functions that were at least 20 terms long. It was ridiculous. I have 8 pages of math work, and someone told me when I was about 2/3 of the way through that I could have used a program called Mathematica to do all of the algebra for me. Great. I think Dr. Tamasan gave me busy work, but to be honest, I'm enjoying it. I'm having fun with it.

I stayed in the Math Cafe until 8:30 pm with Laura tonight. We watched parodies of music videos and laughed so hard that our abs were hurting from the yoga we did last night. It was nice to laugh even though it hurt. I'm glad I'm getting a workout. No pain, no gain!

No comments: