Monday, June 1, 2009

UCF: Day 14

Location: Lake Claire Apartments

Costas gave a lecture on LaTex today. It was very brief and he rushed through it, mainly because he had to lecture a class at 2 pm. After the REU group meeting, I met Dr. Tamasan and Johan in Dr. Tamasan's office. By the looks of them when I entered, they had been working for a while. They carried on a conversation with which I tried to pick up bits and pieces but lost because I wasn't there for the beginning. Dr. Tamasan gave us both assignments. Now I am to analyze a second order differential equation and come up with solutions... while still working on the Matlab programming. I wrote down exactly what I should be doing, but now that I've sat down to do it, I'm completely lost. I'm beginning to fear that I'm not doing as well as I should be.

After meeting with Johan and Dr. Tamasan, I worked in the Math Cafe for a bit and headed back to the apartment around 5 pm. Maria Boak was walking back so I asked her if I could join her. She told me about how she was doing yoga on Saturdays at the gym, and I asked her if I could join. I need to get a pass for the gym before I can go. I e-mailed the guy that sent me the form. I don't know whom I should give it to.

Other than that, I made myself curried lentils with rice for dinner and I plan to watch a little Star Trek Voyager later with John.

1 comment:

John said...

Chris says that this is what research is. You spend a bunch of time not knowing whats going on but stuff still gets done. Over a long period of time of course.