Location: Lake Claire Apartments
The first part of today started out really slow. The past couple of days had some action so I didn't feel like doing much today. I woke up around 9 am, but I stayed in bed till nearly 2pm watching movies and CSI. It was John who eventually motivated me to get out of bed, though he probably didn't know it at the time because I talked to him hours before hand. I decided that I should go for ice cream.
I looked up the closest ice cream parlors online, and I came across Maggie Moo's. Oddly, the website didn't have the hours listed and because today is Sunday I didn't really think that they would be open because #1 the campus is dead during the summer and #2 it's the weekend so most people who are taking summer classes would not be on campus. I rode my bike over to Maggie Moo's anyway which is not far and on campus. To my surprise, they had just opened up an hour before I came. The ice cream parlor is very similar to Cold Stone Creamery.
I took a book to read, but the ice cream parlor is located in a strip mall next to the UCF arena which was playing very loud rock music that could be heard throughout the area. So I took a bike ride instead to find a new place. After I crossed the rode from the UCF arena, I rode down the sidewalk next to the Memory Mall, a large flat lawn where people hangout, play soccer or frisbee, etc and I came across a pair of flamingos. I made the mistake earlier of turning down the idea of bringing my camera so I tried to take some pictures with my cell phone. Of course, they were crappy so since they were snacking on bugs in the ground I figured they would still be there by the time I got back with my camera. Unfortunately, they were not, but I did learn my lesson.
I rode my bike around the area looking for the flamingos, and I couldn't find them so I continued to look for a nice, quiet, shady area to read. I found myself at the reflecting pond. I rode up to a shading tree and laid down my bike and rest my head on my satchel and opened up The Two Towers. It was hot outside but much cooler under the tree and the water was so serene that I found myself mesmerized by it from time to time. After a while, John texted me and I sent him pictures - one of the fountain and one of me with the library behind me.
Once the mosquitoes decided to have me for dinner, I picked up my bike and rode back to the apartment. I made a new dinner dish that was completely experimental. It wasn't as good as I expected it to be, but it wasn't terrible either. I cooked lentils and red peppers and then cooked rice and added curry powder to it all. It's better than paying for a meal out. I made a small bowl of the meal so next time I will have to make more. It's hard to judge since I don't have a measuring cup besides the yogurt cup I use to guesstimate.
No comments:
Post a Comment