Wednesday, May 27, 2009

UCF: Day 9

Location: Lake Claire Apartments

Met with Johan and Dr. Tamasan today about upcoming Matlab work for the research. It seems that Johan is doing a lot of the Matlab work to make it easier for us. He's a math major at UCF who is working under the Gauss REU in the mathematics department. He's a nice guy, and he seems intuitive. I am shocked by his and everyone else's kindness. It's amazing how different it feels here than at GSU.

I rode my bike to the Goodwill today to buy a cookie sheet so I can bake stuff. I wasn't sure how far away it was, but it had to be at least 4 miles because the bike was ~20 minutes and that's how long it takes me to get from my house to John's house or vice versa... traffic lights and all. I bought a new set of unmatching silverware since one of my roommates has been walking off with my yogurt spoon, and the only "cookie sheet" I could find was a bake pan that was oval and had holes in it. They weren't big holes, but they would require covering. Luckily, Vicky bought some foil the other day. I made myself an organic cheese pizza pocket today for dinner. It was small, but it was nice to have OVEN HOT food for once.

Later on, Melissa, Stephanie, and I took our dirty laundry over to the facilities. I can't remember the last time I had to use public washing machines and dryers. It was convenient to do all of my laundry at one time and not have to do the laundry load by load, but I do miss having those special settings for my clothes. I fear that my clothes may shrink. I did shrink one of the hand towels that Dr. Tamasan's wife loaned me. Inevitable, I believe.

Other than that, there's nothing left to report. Signing off.

No comments: