Slackin' is out of character for me. I always do the best that I can everyday, but when my workplace hits a nerve, somehow I've just found myself kickin' back and watching them fall. The nerve they hit was that I have enough monkeys on my back. I don't need any of theirs. It's typical, though, for my supervisor/manager to pass down some trite task that I don't have time for or is out of my job description entirely.
I have an awesome learning curve and love to learn new ideas and ways to handle problems. I'm like a sponge; I absorb it all. This can be my downfall because being human I can only handle so much. Eventually, I will be in overload, my emotions will go into alarm, and someone will come to understand my strife. At that moment, I become another person, like Jen in IT Crowd when "Aunt Erma comes to visit" (funny stuff).
I don't mind slackin' off, though. I know that I don't have too much longer with this company because I plan to leave within the next couple of months. I guess that in itself brings me some solace. Knowing that when I do leave these ass-hats will be up against the creek with out a paddle or life jacket makes me smile on the inside.
What's surprising is that I used to love what I do. Somewhere in the time that I've worked there, something has changed how I felt about working for that company. I'm not sure where it was lost, but it sure as hell isn't coming back.
For now, I'll just take it one day at a time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment