Most people know that I don't really enjoy talking on the phone. Though I love to get phone calls, I try to keep the conversation as short as possible, always. Only one person in my life has the ability to keep my jaws clacking more than 5 minutes, and the fact that he can do this is in itself mesmerizing. Every phone conversation we have seems to be at minimum an hour, and I tell myself, "What the heck am I talking about for an hour?"
The truth is that I open up my heart to this person. I know that no matter what comes out of my mouth that he will not judge me for it. I know this because I can say some of the quirkiest things, and he will just laugh at me. I have a comeback for his laugh, of course, which always leads to more laughing. We probably spend more time laughing on the phone than we do actually conversing, but nonetheless, I always have a grin on my face when I'm talking to him, and my face almost always hurts from grinning after I hang up.
I realized today that I know this person inside and out. After 3 years, I know exactly what his tastes are, how he operates as a person, and some of his secrets that he unknowingly reveals. I know exactly what will make him laugh. We enjoy each other's company so much, but we hardly see each other.
I guess that hour long conversation makes up for all the time we haven't spent together, and it just feels so damn good to have someone that I can open up to, that gives a damn about who I am and what happens to me, but still keeps me light-hearted enough to enjoy life no matter what good or bad may come my way.
So here's to my friend, Sabur! May we forever be the best of friends, keep our hearts light, our pockets full, and our minds always open! Blessings upon us.
No comments:
Post a Comment