Sunday, September 14, 2008

So close yet so far away...

I went to an observatory yesterday with other SPS (Society of Physic Students) members. If you've never had the opportunity to look through a $20,000 telescope, I sincerely suggest taking the time to find one. In one clear evening, I laid eyes upon Jupiter so clearly that I could see striations from the gas clouds and four of its moons. I also observed a globular cluster, the moon, and the nearest galaxy to our own (Milky Way): Andromeda. The stars seem so close, but when you look at the nearest galaxy and it's close to 2 million light years away, you begin to put yourself in perspective. I was looking at 2 million year old light... that's how far away the galaxy is.

That's not the only thing that I feel so close to yet so far away. Relationships have been sort of thrown in the air since I moved to Tucker, and though I have formed new ones, I'm not sure how to label them. Maybe I shouldn't... I'm not really sure. My problem being that if I label my new relationships there is the potentiality that I may interrupt our blissful lives as they are. I can't be too finite on this subject because well I'm not open to admitting my feelings on this matter at the moment, but let's just say that there's a gap in my path, and I feel comfortable enough to jump it only I'm not sure that's the path I want to take.

Decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE astronomy... too bad I live in a city... too many lights...