Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Poem by Me

I found this poem today. I wrote it in August of 2007, and I have an inkling as to why I was so sad that day. The reason I'm posting it here is that I'm cleaning up my hard drive of junk, and this poem, I decided, should survive because it reminds me that no matter how bad life may seem, things will turn around.

"Hugless Hug-ho"

Sometimes you feel like hiding...
You want to be alone,
But at the same time you're longing for something.
What it is - you don't know.
You feel it.
It's the source of your suffering.
You shed a tear, just one for now.
Somehow that brings consolation-
Just for a moment.
You wrap your arms around yourself
Your soul crashes within you
It hurts, but it needs to come out.
You'll feel better later.
Right now, you can only focus
On the fact that you're alone.
Someone tries to call you,
And you ignore them,
But didn't you need them all along?
Somehow speaking with them
Makes what you're feeling worse
Mainly because all the hurt is coming out,
But from experience you know that
Sharing your thoughts is part of the resolution.
Someone could be right next to you
And you'd still feel alone.
No one knows what you're feeling.
All you need is a little empathy,
And you can't have it.
Sometimes you just need a hug.
No words, just a hug.

2 comments:

John said...

You have inspired me to write a poem.

The Dark Night

Tattered wings surround me carressing my
Torn and bloodied soul.
The scars of my essence shred my flesh in
The dark night. No one hears
My screams. I ache for my lost love begging
Her to end her pain, give in
to sweet surrender. My blood stained tears scream
Begging me to drop the razor.
But only the pain will cleanse my sorrow.
The dark night devours my soul, while blades
Feast upon my flesh. Pain is my savior.

Chas said...

Deep, dark, and emotionally suicidal aren't we?